Monday, November 05, 2007

In order to keep biking in November

Well to keep biking to work, I needed some new warm fleece pants! I picked up the new Burda World of Fashion and there is so much that I want to make from it, the only problem is the lack of instructions, and my sewing knowledge, but these pants were really easy to put together, and were really warm for biking on a chilly November morning. ok I shouldn't complain too much, it is still above freezing!



Anyway, here is the post I made on patternreview.com



Pattern Description: These pants feel comfortable due to wide legs and a non-constricting broad waistband. Recommended fabric: Jersey/knitsPattern Sizing:Burda sizes 34-44



Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?Yes, but the bottoms seemed a bit wider than the photo.



Were the instructions easy to follow?



As a beginner sewer, and having made a few pj pants before, I thought this would be no problem, but I had a bit of trouble figuring out how the waist band attached to the pants. In the end, I sewed the ends together, then folded the waist band in half and attached right sides together to the pants waist, stretching a bit to make it fit, then I folded it again, and enclosed the seam within the waist band.



What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?



Very comfortable workout/yoga pants.



Fabric Used:2-way stretch FleecePattern



Alterations or any design changes you made:



The only change was to use fleece rather than a knit, as I wanted a really warm pair of pants to bike to work in. They are really warm, though the bottoms are too wide for biking, I'll have to take them in a bit. Also I should have used a jersey waist band of matching colour, as the band is a bit thick, and my machine had a lot of trouble coping with 4 layers of fleece. It is also a bit thicker than I would like, but for biking they to the trick.



Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?



Definitly recommend this pattern to others, and I can't wait to make the other items that went in this section.ConclusionDefinitly a well drafted, flattering pair of pants. I'm having trouble taking them off, they are so warm (in fleece). In total they took about 4 hours from tracing the pattern to cutting to sewing. Very quick.



And now for some pics:



PS, my socks are done, I just must get around to taking some pics.

No comments: