Sunday, March 08, 2009

Wrinkle Woes and Some Finished Socks

I've been working on my Jalie pants 2561. I really like them so far, and can't wait to finish them up, but I'm a little concerned about the horizontal wrinkles. You can see them here. I guess I should really just try letting out the hips a smidge and see if that helps. I think I've gained a little bit of weight since I first started making the pants. If I raise them up slightly the wrinkles disappear, but I'm not sure if the waist band will really help with that. Perhaps I just need to run a bit and the problem will sort itself out.

There is also a bit of wrinkling under my butt that I can't figure out. I reeally need to find a good fitting book to figure out what is causing the wrinkles. I couldn't find any info online. I thought this would have been a common problem, but I'm obviously not using the right words to search.


I think I'll be off to the bookstore to see if I can find a good book to find the solution to my woes.
In knitting news, I've finished a few socks and completed the pairs. First up, X-mas socks for my Mother-in-Law, by her request.

Then the window-pane socks (ravelry link) for my Grandma. I actually started these on our summer road trip in September, so I'm glad that they are finally finished.
And some socks just for me: These are the Embossed Leaves (ravelry link again) by Mona Schmidt. I love the pattern, but they are just a tiny bit big because I probably should have gone down a needle size, but once again, I didn't check guage. I even dyed the wool myself for these babies!

2 comments:

Deepika said...

Alex, I am loving all those socks and the colors you've chosen for them. I especially love the window pane socks. Socks is all I knit :)

Ruth said...

The wrinkling under the butt while they apparently fit your butt and hips is a swayback problem. I have exactly the same problem. We seem to have a more or less identical rear view! I put up with this for years in RTW - i thought that's what pants do if you have a "prominent rear". In fact, the solution is counter-intuitive, but really works. You have to take a horizontal wedge shape out of the paper pattern about three inches below your waist, with the wedge tapering to nothing at the side seams. My wedge is quite large, starting at 5/8 inch at centre back. You have to pin it out to find out what you need. Search for "swayback" at http://AgriLifeBookstore.org. and you will get a pdf with diagrams (lots of other goodies there too).