Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2nd sewing project of the year



So I fianlly got around to sewing up this top that I bought the pattern and fabric for two years! I figured it would be a good chance to get back into sewing again. I've got so many ideas floating around in my head, but they don't always come to reality the way that I had intended. This summer I hope to sew a lot, and improve my skills!

The halter turned out well, though I find it gapes a bit along the bust line, but not too badly, and not terribly noticeable. At least I can adjust the straps!

Project specs:




Simplicity 5057 View D,


Material: Turquoise stretch cotton


Bit of elastic.




I'm not sure what it is about Simplicity patterns, even though I take careful measurements, they always end up too big, and I end up having to take a lot out. This one was actually a bit better, but still had to sew 3 cm seam allowances rather than 1,5cm. For more info, you can check out my review at patternreview.com

As for knitting projects, I have a secret gift that headed to Edmonton, so I'll post photos when they have arrived.


I'm very excited though, I have a bunch of new patterns that have arrived from Jalie that I can't wait to sew up. I got the street jacket, the blouse, the stretch pants, and the suit jacket

I started tracing the suit jacket out yesterday; this is probably the most advanced project that I have ever attempted. I didn't even get around to cutting out the tisue paper, as there are over 17 pieces! This should definitly keep me busy for awhile!

No comments: