Saturday, June 23, 2007

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today was the day before I got married. My dearest friends, and my aunts Debbie and Jennifer (under Jen's wonderful direction) were busy preparing the flowers for my wedding. Personnally I think I had the most gorgeous flowers ever, so I big thanks goes out to my Aunt Jen, for her amazing talent. This was the only part of the wedding that I got around to blogging about, and you can see that post here - flowers.

This day one year ago, my grandma threw us a great party to welcome all our out of town guests.




the food was amazing, and it was so enjoyable to have a relaxed party with those that mean the most to Martin and I.

Truely the best part of the wedding, was not all the details that I had worked so hard to plan over the previous year, but rather having (almost) everyone I love and cherish in the same room to celebrate our love.

Here are two of my favorite photos from the wedding, The first Greg took, it's a bit blurry, but I think it sums up how I was feeling that day.



The second, is one that I hope to enlarge one of these days to put on my wall, I love how I can look at all these people and a flood of memories come to me for each stage of my life, how without them, I would not be where I am today. Thank you to all of you!



Now the big question, how are we going to celebrate our first anniversary? Well, first thing, I should do, but haven't done yet, is sell my wedding dress, perhaps next week, it's taking up too much space in the closet, and I don't really have anywhere to wear it again. That I think it would be too depressing to realize that it no longer fits!


We are planning to have a nice fondu dinner at home (as prepared à la Martin). For my contribution, well some fresh sugar peas, that are currently residing on my balcony...




Some fresh salad is in order as well, a nice spring mix... Perhaps a goat cheese and arugla salad? I'll have to come up with a special reciepe! I can't tell you how excited I am about lettuce! Goodnes, I'm a bit of a dork, though the novelty will wear off soon I'm sure!

The peppers will have to wait till later on in the season, I think I started them a bit too late! I'll know better next time.


I have finally discovered the joy of gardening, as things are really starting to take off, and I'll be able to enjoy the fruits ("vegetables") of my labour this evening! I definitly felt like we needed a special occasion to enjoy the first harvest. I started all my veggies from seed in april, and this is where I have gotten to! I'm quite proud of my little container garden! I must send out a virtual thank you to Gayla for her wonderful gardening blog, for those of us who know very little about gardening!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi found your blog from facebook. fun to read, i hope you are fine. lots of love erica (aka helga) in sweden